A few years ago, I decided to go carb-less for a few weeks in preparation for a Vegas trip. However, I just couldn’t deny my cravings for lasagna. I was shopping at Trader Joe’s (my favorite grocery store ever) and saw chicken and apple sausage. I’ve seen some zucchini lasagna recipes floating around on Pinterest and I thought it would be a great idea to create my own version. Full disclosure: this recipe creates a lot of liquid. In order to prevent that, make sure to dry your zucchini and kale out really well with some paper towels before starting. You can strain out the liquid from your baking dish as well. Have no fear though, the result is still tasty!
- 1/4 cup kale (chopped)
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1 package of chicken and apple sausage (cubed)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Chopped italian flat leaf parsley to garnish (optional)
- Chop the zucchini length-wise in thin strips. Place on paper towel and dry out zucchini as much as possible.
- Chop kale into bite size pieces. Cube chicken and apple sausage